Florida Beach Camping: Save $$ on Your Florida Vacation!
Florida Beach Camping is one of the many things to do in Florida for families!
Not only can you be close to nature, but you can save lots of money, too! It's one of the best deals Florida has
If you’re looking to cut down on the costs of a Florida beach vacation, Florida
camping on the beach is a great alternative to the pricey resorts.
The costs associated
with a Florida vacation on the beach at a resort for a family, can be prohibitive!
Beach camping in Florida can be a wonderful way to teach your kids some cool things
about nature and relax, knowing the vacation and time off, isn’t going to cost ‘an arm and a leg’!
Tips for Florida Camping on the Beach
- Invest in a roomy tent, especially if you have a family. Better with too much room than not enough. Choose one with air vents and good screens, to keep the bugs out. Summer camping in Florida means there’ll be bugs around.
- Bring lots of things for the kids to play with…. Pool noodles, air mattresses, frisbees, beach balls, a deck of cards, and a few board games are good ideas.
- Choose a spot that has good potable water, or bring plenty of your own. The sun’s rays are intense in Florida and dehydration is your worst enemy in the sub-tropical sun.
- Pitch your tent in a spot that’s not too sheltered, in order that you can take advantage of the breeze from the water. Florida’s summer months can be very hot, indeed!
- Do watch out for turtles on the beaches, as there’s a good possibility that you’ll encounter one if you camp during the late spring and summer. If you do see one, stay well away from it and don’t mess with it!
Florida Beach Camping Locations
There’s lots of good beaches for camping in Florida. Most of the beaches that are suitable for camping are actually Florida State Parks.
Fort de Soto County Park – I’d recommend this beautiful beach for a camping spot, especially for families, as it has lots of amenities that will make everyone’s camping experience, more pleasant! A Pinellas County Park.
Amenities include: electricity, laundry facilities, restrooms, showers, picnic tables, bbq’s, good drinking water, playgrounds and a variety store. Lots of shoreline for beach fun, too. Nice biking and nature trails. Also fishing piers. Cost? Approximately $35+ per night. For more information and to reserve a camp site, contact pinellascounty.org/park
Most of the other Florida beach camping sites are located in State Parks. Here’s a few that I like:
- Bahia Honda State Park, Big Pine Key. Great location, near the living coral
reefs of the Keys in Florida.
One of the best Florida beaches!
- Long Key State Park, Long Key. Great location, very close to the shores
of the Atlantic!
- Grayton Beach State Park, Santa Rosa Beach. Very popular, top notch
campgrounds. Book well in advance.
- T.H. Stone Memorial Saint Joseph Peninsula, State Park. An excellent beach in
this state park.
If you're camping near Naples FL, there's lots of things to do with kids!
There’s lots more Florida State Parks with great campgrounds. For more information
about, call 850-245-2157 or go to
Florida State Parks website
to learn more.
Florida beach camping in this 'glorious state of sun and sand', can be the experience of a lifetime! You can vacation
in one of the most popular beach vacation destinations in the world, and take in the best Florida has to offer.
And the best part about Florida beach camping? You’ll still have money left at the end of your vacation!
Other Things to do in Florida
There’s lots of other fantastic activities and things to see in Florida!
There’s surfing, swimming, jet-skiing, canoeing, kayaking, hiking, parasailing, water-skiing, birding, wildlife watching and photography!
Things to see and do? Disney World in Orlando of course, the Everglades, Cape Canaveral, the many historical sites of Florida, cruises, waterparks, fishing piers, shopping, gambling casinos, and the endless natural wonders of Florida......... and the list goes on! More family-friendly things to do in Florida!
Return from Florida Beach Camping to Things to do in Florida
Return from FL Beach Camping to Naples Florida Home Page